Buddha Bowl #2
I call this the Summer’s End version because it came together right before the Labor Day weekend. Similar to Buddha Bowl #1, but with a few different and several more ingredients, topped with a savory, creamy dressing that’s real easy to make.
Total time: 10-15 minutes depending on how skilled you are with a knife.
- 4 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1-15 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 tsp. smoky paprika
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced in thin strips (peel or not peel, it’s up to you)
- 1 large carrot, sliced in thin strips the same size as the cucumber
- 1/2 cup crunchy sprouts (bean, pea)
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 3/4 cup shelled and defrosted edamame
- 1 large tomato, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/4 cup mini kalamata olives (if you can’t find them, use pitted regular kalamata and slice in half)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup hummus of your choice, but I recommend lima bean (if you can find it), garlic or traditional
- 1/3 cup white balsamic vinegar