The cauliflower is the risotto! Cut out calories, but none of the creaminess or flavor with this brilliantly delicious recipe.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups of your favorite mushrooms, chopped
- 1 head cauliflower, separate into florets
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbls. dry white wine (optional, but adds great flavor)
- 1 cup onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 6 Tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt, and pepper to taste
- Clean cauliflower and separate into florets, cutting out the heavy middle stem.
- Place florets in food processor with ‘s’ blade and process until crumbly.
- In a large pan, cook the mushrooms in 2 tablespoons white wine over medium heat until just softened. Remove from pan and set aside on separate plate.
- In the same pan, saute the onions and garlic with 2 tablespoons of the broth for 2 minutes on high heat, then reduce to medium heat for a few minutes until the onions become translucent.
- Remove the cauliflower from the heat and stir in the nut mixture until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the mushrooms and nutritional yeast.