Coconut Chickpeas with Spinach
If you want a quick, easy and completely satisfying meal, this is one of my favorite go-to recipes. I always have chickpeas on hand, and when there’s plenty of fresh, baby spinach, this combination of flavors is off the charts!
Original Recipe from Dawn at Rouxbe.
Prep time: Less than 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Serves 2 as a main, 3-4 as a side
- 1 small yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger, (powdered ginger is ok to use, but the flavor is muted)
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 large lemon, zested and juiced (about 2 tablespoons juice)
- Dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pound baby spinach
- 1 (14-ounce) can lite coconut milk (I used coconut water and 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes)
- Salt to taste
- Roasted potatoes, either sweet or creamy Yukon Gold*
- Cilantro leaves, to garnish
- Toasted unsweetened coconut, to garnish
*You can use basmati or brown rice or even quinoa as a base.