MISO GINGER VEGETABLES AND RICE
Thank you Martha Stewart. This idea was inspired by a recipe from her site. I ‘healthified’ it by leaving out the oil (so unnecessary), and changed up some of the ingredients. If you’re a fan of Asian flavors, you’re going to love this recipe. I like to make my dishes pretty, so I molded the rice in a form, but you can easily accomplish the same effect by stuffing your rice in a ramekin dish, then carefully plating it….just have fun with your food!
Prep time: 10 minutes (with fully cooked rice)
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Makes 2 servings
- 2 cups cooked brown or black rice
- 2 Tbls. white miso paste (the mildest)
- 1/4 cup low-sodium tamari + 2 Tbls.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbls. black or regular sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup snap or snow peas, sliced on an angle
- 1 cup red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach*
- 1 cup baby kale*
- 1 cup swiss chard leaves*
- 1/2 cup green onions
*I used a bag of the organic baby mix of all three greens.