The Pizzato! Potato Pizza Crust
I love pizza! Doesn’t everybody?
However, the way traditional pizza used to make me feel after just 2 slices, was awful. The obvious culprits were the meat and fat laden products. But, the supporting crusts were just as guilty, full of mostly white flour, oil and eggs. Occasionally, you’ll find a wheat crust, but even those are still made with overly processed ingredients.
I found the solution! First, I experimented with a polenta crust and that was fine, but….you’re going to love this one, aptly named the PIZZATO! Read the recipe to find out why.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total cook time: 25 minutes
Makes 1- 12-15″ crust, or 2- 8″ crusts
- 3 cups peeled and cubed, or spiraled (as I did) russet potatoes (approx. 2 large potatoes)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1¼ cup oat flour (can be gluten-free if you need)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- pinch of red pepper chili flakes