You also know what summer is about, don’t you? Family, friends, frisbee, and lots of fun. If you’re planning a picnic, keep it simple and fresh. What’s so great about a plant-based picnic? You don’t have to worry about food spoiling in the sun because there is no meat or dairy! Here are few ideas to get your summer and holiday weekends started on a healthy and delicious note:
- Fire up the grill and throw on big portobello mushroom caps, eggplant steaks, and pineapple slices.
- Make several veggie burger patties ahead, and throw them on the heated grill before building a crazy good sandwich piled with greens, tomatoes and your favorite condiment. Note: pick low-sugar, low-salt ketchup, please….or make your own using this easy recipe.
- Anything on a stick is always a hit! Use wood skewers and load them with thick slices of onions, colorful peppers, button mushrooms, broccoli florets, sweet potato pieces and squash. Brush with a mix of garlic and low-salt soy sauce, or mustard-based marinade.
- Make your own corn chips by cutting 8″ tortillas into eight triangles and baking at 375 degrees for 10 minutes until crispy.
- Don’t forget lots of fresh, beautiful fruit.
Look at the recipes below for more ideas!