MISO MAPLE ORANGE KALE SALAD
I only began massaging my kale about a year ago; (maybe it’s a personal issue)! Raw kale isn’t very forgiving and I don’t like to load my salads with a ton of dressing, even if it is oil-free. Plain balsamic is always nice to massage into kale pieces, but when I saw this combo of flavors, I flipped. I love miso. I love oranges and I love the sweetness of maple syrup…big win!
This is an easy salad to make ahead, make lots and wow your family and friends with these fresh flavors.
Prep time: less than 10 minutes
- One bunch kale of your choice
- 1/2 cup light or chickpea (as opposed to dark) miso
- 1/3 cup orange juice (use the real stuff, please)
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced finely or grated
- 1 Tbls. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup raisins (any kind, or cranberries or currants)
- 1/2 cup sliced and toasted almonds
- Salt and pepper to taste