Black Bean Dip or Spread is really creamy, and it’s a quick and easy appetizer or dinner side to throw together.
Makes 2 cups
Prep and cook time: 5 minutes
Submitted by Sarah W.
- 1 can black beans (no added salt)
- 1 can black olives (low sodium)
- 1 large tomato, thickly sliced
- Whole wheat pita bread
- Cook beans in fresh, cold water for 3-4 minutes until just starting to boil.
- Combine beans and olives in blender until you have a smooth consistency, adding water as necessary.
- Spread a layer of the bean dip and tomato inside a warm pita and enjoy!