Cashew Tofu Mayonnaise
This recipe makes about a pint of mayo. If you don’t think you’ll use it all within two or three weeks, you may want to make just a half batch or freeze the excess. Tip: This mayo goes well on grilled tofu and avocado sandwiches!
Original recipe from Fat Free Vegan
Total time: 5 minutes
- 12 ounces firm silken tofu
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (about 2 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (I always like dijon)
- 1/8 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smokey paprika
- Salt to taste
- Drain water from tofu and place it with all other ingredients except salt in a high speed blender.
- Blend at highest speed until light and creamy. Add salt to taste and blend again.
- Seal tightly and keep refrigerated. Stir before each use.