This ‘magical’ vinaigrette dressing was such a surprise to me. I’ve made so many different salad dressings over the past 2 years, but never had anything like these flavors present.
Thank you to Dreena Burton for the original recipe. I’ll be making this again and again and I think you will, too!
Makes a little more than one full cup. I suggest you double the recipe without hesitation.
Prep time: less than 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp mild miso (such as brown rice miso)
- 3/4 – 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1-1/2 Tbsp pure maple syrup (or more to sweeten to your taste)
- 1/4 tsp (rounded) sea salt (or more to taste)
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Using an immersion blender and deep cup (if using a blender, you may need to double the batch for enough volume), combine all ingredients, blending through until very smooth.
- Taste it, and add another teaspoon or so of maple syrup if you prefer it a little sweeter.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper as well. If you’d like a thinner dressing, simply add a couple of teaspoons of water and blend through again.