Chocolate Cake Pops for Adults Only
Warning: they’re addictively delicious and contain chocolate stout beer! This recipe is super easy.
Makes 12 pops
- 1 -15 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chocolate stout beer (optional)
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 12 toothpicks/cake pops/straws (optional)
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (I like the Enjoy Life brand)
- In a food processor, combine the black beans, cacao powder, sunflower butter, beer, maple syrup and sea salt. Pulse and process for a couple minutes, until the mixture is well combined and doughy. The dough will not be sticky, just gooey and fudgy.
- Roll the dough into 12 balls about 2 tablespoons each, and place on a lined baking sheet. Stick a cake pop straw in each (optional). Place in the refrigerator to chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate (over the stove or in the microwave). Using a spoon, pour the melted chocolate over the brownie pops until covered.
- Roll the cake pops in your favorite toppings: mini chocolate chips, shredded coconut, etc. Place back in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep fresh.