For a different spin on this recipe, look at the No-Bake Super Energy Bars recipe.
Makes 15- 2″x1″ bars, or 24 mini bites (if using a mini muffin tin)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds (these have a subtle nutty flavor, similar to sunflower seeds)
- 1/4 cup mini non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup dates
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
- Coconut water or almond milk, if necessary for binding
- Combine all dry ingredients in your food processor, pulse a couple of times, then add the dates and raisins and process until everything it starts to stick together. If too dry, add more dates or 1-2 tablespoons of the recommended liquid.
- When mixture is sticky enough, press into a lined pan and set in the fridge for an hour or more.
- Cut into bars that can be stored for up to one week. Option: press the mix into mini muffin tins (with or without paper fillers) and fill almost to top.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before carefully removing from muffin tin.
To make these bites just a bit more decadent, I melted 1 cup of non-dairy chocolate chips and drizzled on top of each in muffin tin.