LEMONY COCONUT BLONDIES
I love lemon….anything. When I saw these beauties, I knew they would appear in my kitchen soon. The texture of these bites is somewhat soft, but firms with chilling. I didn’t need to add any more oats, but if you want a firmer texture, add another 2 tbsp of rolled oats.
This recipe is from Plant Powered Kitchen and the fabulous Dreena Burton.
Total time: 10 minutes (plus any refrigerator time)
Makes 16-20 dough balls
Sugar free, soy free and can be gluten free
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup rolled oats (use certified gluten-free for that option)
- 1 cup pitted dates (I use medjool dates)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp lemon zest (reserve some for coating)
- 1 1/2 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- seeds scraped from one vanilla bean (see note; or 1/4 – 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract)
- couple pinches sea salt (about 1/8 tsp)
- 2 – 3 Tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut (as desired)
Optional coating: Extra lemon zest (about 1/2 tsp; optional) few teaspoons coconut mixed together.