No Bake Super Energy Bars
This is a no-bake recipe that couldn’t be easier and more fun to make! These delicious little bites are loaded with nutrients and crunchy goodness. While they are waaaay healthier than store-bought energy bars, they are not calorie free! But, they are loaded with heart-healthy alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), the plant-based omega-3 fat, also found in walnuts. For a different spin on this recipe, look at the Decadent Bites of Energy recipe.
Makes approximately 15 1″ X 2″ bars
Total time: 1 hour
- 1 cup walnuts (or any nuts that you prefer)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or non-dairy chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup dates (Option: sub in 1/2 cup dried apricots)
- ½ cup coconut water, if needed
- Put the dry ingredients in your food processor (separate a little bit of each dry ingredient to add in at the end). Add the dates and raisins and process until everything starts to stick together. If too dry, add more dates and/or the coconut water. You should end up with a really thick paste consistency with some texture.
- Put in the remaining dry ingredients you left out and mix in with your hands. Press into a lined pan and set in the fridge for an hour or more. This part is easiest if you spray your fingers with coconut oil.
- Cut into bars and store for up to one week.
If you have extra, shape them into small cupcakes and top off with non-dairy melted chocolate.