CRISPY KALE CHIPS
What’s better than a crispy, crunchy and cheesy snack? The rub for the kale chips is good and creamy and this recipe calls for some fun massaging!
I really think this recipe works best using a dehydrator, but if you don’t have one, I’ve included the option to use your oven below.
Makes about 3 cups (but it goes quickly, so double the batch)
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: dehydrator 12-24 hours; oven 15-25 minutes
- 1-2 bunches kale, washed, large stems removed, torn into bite size pieces
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup cashews, (soaked 2 hours & drained)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water