Dilly Cheese Ball
Adapted from Adventures of Cake Girl
This is a creamy, well-seasoned cheese spread that you can cut into slices. It makes a beautiful presentation, but I promise it won’t last long on the plate!
Prep time: 10-12 minutes
Total time: 3-4 hours
- 1 -1/4 cups unsweetened plain soy or other non-flavored, non-dairy milk
- 3 tsp agar powder or 1/4 cup agar flakes
- 2 Tbls. tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbls. dry white wine
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 -1/2 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground white pepper (or black)
- In a sauce pan whisk together the plant-based milk, tapioca flour and agar, bring to a boil and let it simmer for about 8 minutes or until the agar and flour is dissolved and the mixture is thick.
- Blend pine nuts, macadamia nuts, lemon juice, wine, garlic, salt & pepper together in a blender or processor for about 5 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Then add in the milk mixture and blend another 2-3 minutes until completely smooth.
- Pour the cheese mixture into a rounded bottom dish coated lightly with oil, and refrigerate for about 3-4 hours until it sets and hardens. Carefully run a sharp knife around the edges of the cheese to loosen. Put a plate over the top of the bowl and turn upside down to release the cheese. Sprinkle freshly chopped dill and chives and serve with your favorite crackers!