…are so much fun because everyone can make them and customize to your own tastes! The combinations are endless…I mean endless! I’ve given you three recipe ideas below, and here is a list of ingredients to mix and match. Play with different flavors and combos and throw a salsa party! I encourage you to use your local farmer’s market as a playground for creating beautiful salsas using produce in season.
- Bell peppers (any and all colors
- Daikon radish
- Onion, red and/or white
- Serrano Chiles
- Tomatoes (yes, technically it’s a fruit)
Add-Ins & other Fun Ingredients
- Bourbon (or any other liquor you like!)
- Beans, beans, beans
- Fresh mint
- Pink Peppercorns
- Lime juice
Avocado & Corn Salsa
- 2 cups organic, frozen corn, defrosted (if you can use roasted corn, it adds another layer of flavor)
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- In a large bowl, combine corn, jalapeño, red onion cilantro, lime juice, sweetener and salt.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and ingredients to your desire.
- Stir in avocado.
- Serve immediately.
Pico de Gallo
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced (3-4 tomatoes)
- 1 cup white onion, finely diced (1/2 large onion)
- ¼ cup jalapeno, seeds removed and minced (about 1 medium size jalapeno)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- juice of 1 lime
- In a medium bowl, add the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, and cilantro.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 lime into the bowl and sprinkle with salt.
- Stir to combine ingredients and taste. Add more lime juice and salt to your desired taste.
- Serve immediately.
Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups finely chopped pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. agave or maple syrup
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 serrano chiles, minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl, and toss until evenly combined.
- Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld.