A torta (or torte) is a layered combination of foods. There are sweet and savory versions of a torta, and most include dairy, or cheese, or butter or meat products….or all! Not this one, and you won’t even believe it! You’ll have fun building this 3-story tower of plant-based deliciousness.
Creamy. Luscious. Slightly Sweet. Savory.
Prep time: 30 minutes Cook time: 30-40 minutes
Makes one 9-inch round torta in a springform pan (springform not necessary)
Serves: 4-6 wedge pieces
- 1-1/2 pounds white potatoes (about 4 medium sized)
- 1 large white or sweet onion, diced
- 1- 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms of your choice (I used enoki)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1- 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 14 oz. can Italian style crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbls. tomato paste
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp. Italian seasonings (oregano, thyme, basil)
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (optional)
- Salt and Pepper