ARTICHOKE, CAPER AND TOMATO PASTA
The creamy subtlety of the artichoke balances the pungent, salty flavor of capers and green olives in this all around sauce you’ll want to eat right out of the pan!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 10 ounces pasta of your choice
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped (you can use a green bell if you prefer)
- 1 pkg. regular (non-seasoned) Seitan, chopped roughly.
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 (14-oz.) can quartered artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 cups tomato (no or low salt) sauce
- Option: 1/2 cup horseradish bloody mary mix*
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- ¼ cup dry white wine (optional)
*I didn’t have enough tomato sauce, so I improvised with this bloody mary mix. It gave it a great added flavor, but the salt content in the mix is rather high, so I only added ½ cup. If you like the idea of that flavor, you can also just add a tablespoon of prepared horseradish.