Basil Lemon Pasta with Green Beans
Easy recipe alert….10 ingredients, 5 steps, less than 20 minutes. What’s better than a warm plate of pasta with beautiful veggies? I love the lemon and basil combo and the crunch of the blanched green beans with the creamy roasted tomatoes is over the moon delicious.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 8 oz. pasta of your choice (preferably whole grain or GF)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ red pepper, sliced thin
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1” pieces and blanched
- 1.5 cups white beans (great northern or cannellini)
- 1 tsp. powdered garlic or 2-3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 c fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c white wine
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, sliced thin or chiffonade
- Vegan parmesan
- Heat oven to 375. Toss cherry tomatoes and sliced red pepper in garlic and spread out on parchment lined baking sheet. Pop in oven for 10-15 minutes, until tomatoes start to shrivel and peppers begin to brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, fill a medium size pot with water and bring to a boil. Add cut green beans and cook for about 4 minutes. Fill a large bowl halfway with ice water, adding the cooked green beans to the ice water bath to stop the cooking process. You want them bright green and with a slight crunch!
- When pasta is cooked, drain the water off and do not rinse the pasta! Place pasta back into pot, add lemon juice and wine, stir in tomatoes, peppers, white and green beans. Stir all together gently until warmed. Season with S/P to your taste.
- Top with vegan cheese and basil leaves or chiffonade, and serve immediately.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!