DELICATA SQUASH AND PUMPKIN CASSEROLE
This casserole was so freakin’ good! It also doesn’t require much attention to detail when you’re building it, but it packs a powerful punch of flavor.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1 large baking potato, sliced thin (about 1/4″; a mandolin works well
- 1 large Delicato squash (or any thin skin squash you prefer), sliced in thin rings and leave the outer shell on!
- 1 large white or sweet onion, sliced in thin rings
- 2-3 cups kale, de-stemmed and chopped
- 1 can (no salt) fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 plum tomatoes sliced (all I had were beautiful little cherry tomatoes)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- Spike no-salt natural seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Nutritional yeast