Creamy Cucumber Avocado Soup
If you want a delicate, yet decadent and really pretty soup, this is the one for you. Cucumbers are packed with water and nutrients; not that you care, but when you add the creamy texture of avocado, you’ve got a amazingly satisfying raw soup. Oh, and if you happen to have and use the truffle zest, you’ll be temporarily transported to food heaven!
Raw, Gluten-free and just plain delicious
Total time: 10 minutes
Soup will keep in fridge for about 4 days.
- 1 large English seedless cucumber, chilled, peeled and chopped (reserve ¾ cup)
- 2 Tbls. lemon juice, divided
- 1 Tbls. lemon zest
- 1 large ripe avocado, also chilled
- 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used cashew)
- ¼ small shallot, finely diced
- 2 dates, pitted
- Pinch of sea salt
- Optional: truffle zest (found at World Market)
- In a medium bowl, combine ¾ cup of the chopped cucumber with 1 Tbls. lemon juice and pinch of salt. Toss, combine and set aside for a few minutes.
- In a high-speed blender, combine the remaining cucumber with the avocado, cashew or other non-dairy milk, shallot, pitted dates, pinch of sea salt, and the remaining lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into bowls and top with some of the reserved chopped cucumber, lemon zest and (optional) truffle zest.