Dill Pickle & Baked Potato Salad
You know the old potato salad, right? Well, this isn’t it. It’s better, and that’s because the potatoes are baked before mixing in with the rest of the amazing ingredients, like dill pickles! Crunchy. Creamy. Salty.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Makes 3 cups
- 2 large baking potatoes, cut into bite-sized chunks (wash, but don’t peel)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped dill pickles
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped chives
- 3 Tbls. pickle juice from jar
- 1 cup vegan mayonnaise*
- 1 Tbls. Dijon mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: paprika
*If mayonnaise isn’t your thing, here’s a delicious, home made substitute.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. If you have a roast setting, use that, otherwise set to bake.
- Arrange cut potatoes on parchment lined baking sheet in single layer and spray lightly with canola or olive oil (optional). Set in hot oven and bake or roast for 35 minutes or until they’re golden brown. You can also set them on broil for 2-3 minutes after baking, but keep an eye on them! (This whole step can be done ahead of time.)
- While potatoes bake, mix the rest of the ingredients except for paprika in a large bowl and set in fridge.
- When potatoes are cool, gently mix them in the bowl with rest of ingredients. Set in fridge for flavors to ‘marry’ and the salad to cool.
- Top with a sprinkle of smoky paprika and sprigs of parsley.