Greens, Potatoes and Balsamic Roasted Chickpeas
Mustard Greens with Potatoes and Balsamic Roasted Chickpeas
I used mustard greens for the first time with this recipe, and I’ll say I’m a new fan. This different salad brings together all the delicious elements you want in a filling, yet light dish. The crispy balsamic roasted chickpeas add a much needed crunch, while the potatoes soften the salad under the bite of the greens and tangy dressing.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 2-3 medium-large white potatoes, unpeeled and chopped into bite sized pieces (4-5 cups)
- 5 cups mustard greens, stems removed, washed, and shredded or chopped small
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 8-10 thin asparagus stalks or sliced red pepper
- 2 cups chickpeas
- 2 Tbls. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. agave or maple syrup
- dash of black pepper
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 tsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbls. dijon mustard
- 2 Tbls. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pan.
- Add the cut potatoes, turn heat down to medium high and cook for 8-10 minutes, until fork tender. You can also steam them for the same amount of time. When done, drain and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Mix the chickpea marinade in a small bowl, add the chickpeas, coating them fully. Let sit while potatoes cook.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and roast in oven for 10-12 minutes. *
- Place all dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Whisking works, too.
- Place washed and chopped mustard greens in a large, shallow bowl or platter.
- Pour 1/2 of the dressing on the greens and massage into them.
- Chop the asparagus into bite-sized pieces.
- Arrange the potatoes, red onion, and asparagus on the salad.
- When chickpeas are crisp, put them on the top of the salad and finish by pouring the remaining dressing over the entire bowl or platter.
*If you have an air-fryer, roast the chickpeas in your AF on 380F for 10 minutes.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!