Two Minute Cucumber Salad with Balsamic Vinegar
Inspired by Kalyn’s Kitchen
When you have too many cucumbers in the house, make this pretty salad.
Really fast. Really easy. Satisfying. Crispy. Salty.
Makes 2 large servings or 4 side dish servings.
- 2 medium sized English cucumbers or regular cucumbers
- 1 cup diced tomato or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion or thinly sliced sweet onion (more or less to your taste preference)
- 1/2 semi-firm avocado
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice (optional)
- 1 Tbls. balsamic vinegar (always use the best you can afford)
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise, then slice into half-moon slices. (I don’t peel my English cucumbers, but if you use regular cucumbers you may want to peel some of the skin off before slicing. (I usually do this in a striped pattern down the length of the cucumber).
- Dice tomatoes or cut cherry tomatoes in half for one full cup.
- Slice your green onion on a diagonal, or slice your sweet onion to make 1/4 cup, or more if you like.
- Cut the avocado into small cubes. If you’re not going to eat this salad immediately, squeeze a Tbls. of lemon (or vinegar) onto the avocado.
- Combine the cucumber, tomato, and onion in a large bowl and toss together gently. Add 1 Tbls. of balsamic vinegar, enough to just about coat the veggies, and toss again. If you want more vinegar, add another Tbls.
- Add your avocado cubes to the top of the salad and season to taste with sea salt and of fresh ground black pepper.