A creamy, plant-based salad dressing that tastes so similar to classic Caesar, you’ll fool your Caesar salad die-hards.
Adapted recipe from The Detoxinista
Total time: 5 mins
Makes 1½ cups
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted (about ½ cup mashed)
- 1/2 cup canned, chopped artichokes (no salt and not in oil)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbls nutritional yeast
Here’s my kicker ingredient which is optional, but if you really want to bring this dressing to a level that even Ceasar himself would be proud, add it!
- 1 Tbls wakame or seaweed, soaked in 2 Tbls warm water to soften (about 4 minutes)
- All ingredients except water go into your blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the water a little at a time to acheive your desired dressing consistency.
- Pour lots of it over a fresh hunk of romaine lettuce and top with sliced green onions and sprinkle more nutritional yeast on top.