You’ve got to make this corn salsa! It’s easy, and full of amazing flavors. So many of the store bought salsas are loaded with too much sugar and/or salt. Besides, you can control your ‘heat’ factor when you make it yourself.
Makes 2 cups
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 4 large plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons finely diced jalapenos
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels sliced off
- ½ cup chopped mango, either fresh or frozen
- 1 Tablespoons chopped fresh or dried cilantro
- 1/8 tsp chipotle seasoning
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- First 6 ingredients go into large sauce pan over medium heat, stirring the tomato paste thoroughly.
- Slowly bring to boil, then turn heat down to simmer
- Ddd the rest of the ingredients, cover and let cook for 15 minutes.