Creamy Tahini Sauce
This is my absolute all-time favorite sauce, dressing and dip. It can be as savory or sweet or garlicky as you like it, too. Thin it out to use as a lovely sauce. Keep it thick for dipping or pouring over a salad.
- ½ cup Tahini
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbls. maple syrup or agave
- 1-2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 1 Tbls. tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- S/P to taste
- All ingredients go into a blender for the smoothest consistency, adding more water as needed. This can also be whisked in a bowl.
- The sauce will become pretty creamy. Taste, and add more lemon juice, if desired. If your dressing is too thick to pour, whisk in more water, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- This sauce is also a delicious salad dressing will keep well in the refrigerator, covered, for about 1 week. It typically thickens in the refrigerator, so just thin it with a little more water or tamari as needed.