LEMON DILL DRESSING
Lemon. Yes. Dill. Yes. Marry these flavors and you’ve got a yummy dressing/sauce match made in heaven! Toss it around your salads or pour it over steamed veggies. This dressing is so good, it will even kick up a plain baked potato!
Total time: 1-2 minutes
Makes a large one cup.
- 1/2 cup soaked cashews
- 1/2 cup cooked cannellini beans or other white bean
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- water as needed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 2 Tbls. finely chopped fresh dill or 3 Tbls. dried dill (I use a combo)
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. maple syrup
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend for at least 1 minute.
- Add small amounts of water to reach the desired consistency for either a salad dressing or leave thicker to use as a sauce.
Note: The dressing will naturally thicken up in the fridge, so you can add some water or more vinegar before using.