The cashews are soft after soaking for several hours and blend up nicely. The creamy blended cashews are used as a replacement for traditional mayonnaise in the remoulade sauce. This recipe is so versatile and you can add more seasonings or hot sauce to suit your taste.
- 1 cup cashews, soaked at least 4 hours
- 3 tablespoons horseradish mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to your tastes)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon smokey paprika
- Put all ingredients into high speed blender and blend until creamy.
- Add small amounts of water if necessary to get the desired consistency.