SWEET HEAT TOMATO JAM
This is an awesomely versatile recipe. It turns into a jammy-like, rich sauce to use on crackers, or as a beautiful pasta sauce. It’s a fun addition to sandwiches, too. If you double the recipe, you can put some of the jam into decorative glass jars to give as gifts!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45-60 minutes
Makes approximately 3 cups
Note: I’ve included the quickie version that I made for the Potato Corn Cakes.
- 8 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar