The Best Homemade Mayo
I know it’s a big statement to say this is the ‘best’, but to my tastebuds, it is! I have a cashew tofu mayo recipe on the site, too, but this one uses black mineral salt which elevates the flavor to a whole new level. Use this mayo in the Tofu Artichoke Egg-less Salad and I promise you’ll be happy!
Prep time: just gather your ingredients
Cook time: almost none
Makes about 2 full cups
Will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks, really.
- 1 tsp. agar flakes
- 1 cup silken soft tofu
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tblsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tblsp. tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp. (or to taste) black mineral salt (Kala Namak)
- 1 Tblsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt or to taste
Ok, pay attention here….
- Blend all ingredients together first in a high speed blender or bullet.
- Heat in saucepan over low to medium heat, whisking to keep from clumping. The mayo will begin to thicken after 3-4 minutes.
- Refrigerate for several hours to let mayo set.