The traditional French classic vichyssoise is made with butter, heavy cream and chicken stock. Not this one!! “Sacrebleu”, I can hear them saying.
The main ingredients are really the stars of this soup, anyways. I’m glad it’s called vichyssoise vish·ē·swäz′ because this decadent, delectable and creamy recipe is way too sophisticated to be called soup. This can be served hot or cold and, honestly, I can’t tell you which way I enjoy it more.
This recipe is from the amazing Chef James Sitkiewicz from the Mariano’s store Vegan department.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
Makes 2 quarts
- 10 oz. leeks, chopped
- ½ sweet onion, small diced
- sachet or tea ball works: 2 cloves, 2 parsley stems, 2 pink peppercorns, ½ bay leaf
- 20 oz. russet potato, diced
- 40 oz. vegetable stock
- 12 oz. almond milk
- ½ bunch chives, evenly chopped
- 1/8 tsp ground white pepper
- Sea salt to taste