Banana. Blueberry. Muffins. Enough. Said. Now, go make these and enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
I doubled this recipe because I knew it was going to be a darn good tasty treat to take on the road. The sweetness factor was perfect for me, and the texture of the muffin was awesome.
Inspired from the Minimalist Baker
- Equivalent of 2 eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water)
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (drained, and I used a combination of frozen wild, and fresh blueberries)
- 3 Tbsp agave nectar, maple syrup or honey
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened vanilla or plain almond milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup almond meal (ground from raw almonds)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp oat flour (ground from GF oats)
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, prepare flax egg by thoroughly mixing flaxseed + water and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Add bananas and mash until big chunks are gone.
- Add agave, baking powder, vanilla, almond milk and stir to combine.
- Add almond meal and oat flour and stir once more, but don’t overmix. Fold in your blueberries. Taste to see if it needs more sweetener.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a tooth pick or knife inserted into the center comes out clean. The tops should also be a bit firm to the touch with a little spring.
- Remove and let rest in pan for 5 minutes. Then cool all the way on a cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container or may be covered with plastic wrap for several days.
- You can also freeze these goodies for longer storage. Good luck with them lasting that long!