Amazing Chocolate Chick Peanut Butter Cookies
This is a revised recipe from the original with the addition of peanut butter. Why? Why not?
These are my new all-time favorite cookies because they’re so buttery tasting; and the chocolate chips make them extra decadent! The best part….well, the second best part is this is the easiest, one bowl recipe!
Makes about 20, 2″ cookies
Prep time: less than 10 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas (or 1.5 cups cooked chickpeas)
- ½ cup all natural creamy peanut butter*
- ⅓ cup maple syrup (I actually use a little less because they’re sweet enough with the chocolate)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup vegan mini-chocolate chips
*a combination of 1/4 cup almond butter and 1/4 cup peanut butter is a fun option
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, line large cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips into a food processor. Blend for a few minutes or until well combined. Cookie dough should smooth and creamy.
- Transfer cookie dough to a bowl and fold in chocolate chips.
- Use a large teaspoon and scoop dough into balls and drop onto cookie sheet evenly spaced.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cookie bottoms begin to brown. Let cool completely on rack before eating.
I’ve made these cookies so many times, now in 2 different ovens. Each oven heats differently, so I would suggest you check the cookies after 15 minutes by lifting up one cookie to check the color of the bottom. When they’re slightly browned, they’re done!