Pumpkin ChocoWalnut Bread….is there anything more to say? This is a perfect recipe!! Make sure you save a few slices for breakfast.
Inspired by Vegan Runner Eats
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 cup ground almond flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Alternatively, use 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling!)
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple/agave syrup
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup vegan, non-dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients and spices until combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk all of the wet ingredients until no lumps are left.
- Add dry mixture to the wet, one-third at a time, gently stirring to combine. Avoid overmixing, a few lumps are ok.
- Fold in 2/3 cup of chocolate chips and/or chopped walnuts
- Lightly spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. (The pan I used is 9.25 x 5.25 x 3.75 inches.) Spoon batter into the pan, smoothing the top. Sprinkle the reserved chopped walnuts on top of the loaf.
- Make a dome from aluminum foil and loosely cover the pan. This helps the loaf stay moist. Make sure to leave some room for the bread to rise.
- Bake for 45 min at 350° F, then take off the foil and bake for 10-15 min more, or until a chopstick inserted in the thickest spot comes out dry and clean.
- Let rest for at least 10 min before attempting to take the loaf out of the pan, and then cool a little longer on a wire rack before slicing and serving.