These little beauties are delicate and crispy, but you’ll want to scoop up every little crumb of the shortbread cookies. This is a super fast and easy recipe from my friend Nele at Nutriplanet. You can substitute the peanut butter for any other type of nut or seed butter that suits you, or even tahini if you prefer a sesame shortbread flavor!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 7 Tbls. peanut butter (or sub almond or tahini for a different flavor)
- 2 Tbls. unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- 2 Tbls. + 2 tsp. oat flour
- 1/4 tsp. psyllium powder
- 1/4 tsp. fine salt
Option: 2 tsp. coconut sugar if you want them sweeter
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Add the tahini to a bowl first.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and begin to mix with a spoon or spatula.
- When it comes together, get your hands in there and finish with kneading the cookie mix for about one minute.
- Roll about a Tablespoon of the cookie dough in your palm until you have a ball.
- Place it on a parchment lined baking sheet and press down lightly with fork to flatten cookie just a little.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the dough.
- Bake cookies for 20-25 minutes, or until slightly toasted and firm to a gentle touch.
- Let cookies cool completely on the baking sheet. I know this is the hardest part!